7.15.2015

The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched (Women Talk About) Get Rabate

Title : The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched (Women Talk About)
Category: Interpersonal Relations
Brand: New Harbinger Publications
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.0
Buyer Review : 80

Description : This particular The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched (Women Talk About) performs excellent, simple to operate and also change. The cost of this wa reduced when compared with other locations My spouse and i explored, and not much more than related product or service

This specific item provides overtake out prospect, this place has become a fantastic upgrade on me personally, The thought appeared safely along with swiftly The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched (Women Talk About)


While family and future in-laws squabble over the menu and the table decorations, brides are supposed to sit, smile, and bask in the prospect of their happiness, even though that prospect is guaranteed to include the post-wedding depression that hits some 90 percent of women during their first year of marriage. This is a must-have book for any woman who has found the partner she wants to be with for the rest of her life and has made up her mind to celebrate that commitment.

Bridal counselor Sheryl Paul interviewed a diverse group of women who share their true feelings about the many concerns that can make an engagement a roller coaster of emotional ups and downs. Along with practical advice and support, you will find welcome acknowledgement of shared doubts and fears that so often run amok as wedding bells take their toll.



Features :
  • Great product!

Review :
Emotional preparation for the wedding
While these 6 inch thick bridal magazines have ideas on wedding gowns, honeymoon locales, and bridesmaid dresses, this book is wonderful for the emotional changes that will take place as you prepare for your wedding. For me the single most valuable aspect of this book is that it is *validating*- that I'm not the only one who has experienced lows during this "happiest" time in my life. Through the use of other brides' experiences and quotes, this book validates the losses (e.g., place of Dad in your life), the fear of changes (loss of name, loss of single independence), the disappointments (the ring, the proposal, the absence of deceased loved ones), and generally the feeling of being overwhelmed by the giant Wedding Creature that seems to overtake your life. I didn't really get "advice" per se out of this book- mostly just the feeling that I'm not alone and weird if I experience a negative emotion as a I plan and anticipate my wedding. I don't really need advice-...
What an amazing book!
First off, let me cut to the chase: this book has been a true gift! Two months away from my wedding and I was starting to feel miserable. Miserable? Huh? Yes, it's true. You can feel miserable right at "the happiest time of your life". Feeling sure this must mean I didn't really want to get married, I began to panic. Why all the confusion? Fortunately, this book was recommended to me. I think I began to cheer before I finished the intro. I am normal! This book helped me to see that there is so much more involved in getting married than what we see in the magazines. Sheryl Nissinen provides such clear insights into the complex emotions brides feel throughout their engagement and into the first year of marriage. If nothing else, this book allows brides to feel everything and not feel "wrong". Several times my jaw dropped in amazement, "she's in my head!" And several times I had to just sit and cry. I could completely relate to just about...
This book fills a cavernous niche for brides and newlyweds
I went to a bookstore yesterday looking for relief in a book about my post wedding angst. Viola! I'm in my second month of marriage and my husband and I are discovering why they say the first year is the most difficult. We're both definitely going through our own personal growing pains. Sometimes it doesn't feel like the "us" I've known at all. So, upon rapidly purchasing Sheryl's book and reading as much as I could squeeze in last night, I'm at least feeling more assured that these feelings are quite normal.
The word "therapy" has continually popped into my head since he proposed last December 30th. Fortunately, since I've gone through my share of self exploration, I felt I was equipped with enough tools to deal with my new emotions. And I do feel I gave them their due credence. I was told I was the calmest bride many of my guests had ever seen. And I did feel calm, serene even.
However, immediately after the wedding was over, I missed it. I felt it...

No comments:

Post a Comment