7.16.2015

Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming Sexual Self-Hatred Get Rabate

Title : Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming Sexual Self-Hatred
Category: Sex
Brand: Hazelden
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.6
Buyer Review : 39

Description : This Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming Sexual Self-Hatred functions excellent, user friendly and also alter. The price for this became reduced as compered to other places My spouse and i explored, and not far more when compared with related merchendise

This specific subject Offer surpass the anticipation, this place has chaned into a great replace on me personally, The idea showed up properly and also speedily Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming Sexual Self-Hatred


A first-time examination of sexual anorexia, an extreme fear of sexual intimacy and obsessive avoidance of sex, by the acknowledged leader in the treatment of compulsive sexual behavior and recovery.

Author Dr. Patrick Carnes begins by defining sexual anorexia and demonstrating how it and its parallel disorder, sexual addiction and compulsivity, often arise from a background of childhood sexual trauma, neglect, and other forms of abuse, Carnes explores the numerous dimensions of sexual health, examining key issues which must be addressed and resolved for recovery to proceed. Utilizing extensive research and elucidating case studies, Carnes develops concrete tasks and plans for restoring nurturing and sensuality, building fulfilling relationships, exploring intimacy, and creating healthy sexuality. Woven throughout the book are stories of recovery which illustrate sexual healing principles, model new behavior, and support motivation for change. Sexual Anorexia enables those suffering from this disorder to recognize that sex need not be a furtive enemy to be fought and defeated but, instead, a deeply sensual, passionate, fulfilling, and spiritual experience that all human beings are innately entitled to.



Review :
Finally a deeper perspective
After having tried different kinds of books and therapy which mainly is focusing on the technical aspects of sex with little success or progress, I feel that this book really goes behind the technical and offers a more complete explanation as to why some people have a difficult relationship with sex.

In comparison to other books that seem to tell you that if you have difficulty with sex you must have been sexually abused as a child, this book offers a more complete analysis and makes you think of little things and details which along the way might have caused you to find sex difficult, but in an uplifting manner, saying that it is ok and that you can solve it. It also tells you that you are not the only one suffering from this fear of intimacy and that it is ok and you can do something about it.

In my opinion it is a very well written book and is worth reading for a lot of people in order to get a greater understanding of themselves and the world around them,...
Absolultey on the mark
I have only just recently begun to read this book. But already I am absolutely shocked by how on target everything it says is. As I read the pages, I find myself wondering if the author has not been observing me and taking notes. I have always held a strong fear of sexuality, and always feel guilty when I find myself watching pretty girls or getting aroused. The author's descriptions if an interior world of denial and self doubt are precisely on the mark. I have not begun to utilize any therapeutic tips offered within, but so far I am deeply impressed.

Not quite what I was expecting.
I purchased this book in hopes that it would help a friend of mine through her troubles, as she was abused in childhood and as a result she's unable to have a physical relationship with anyone.

This book seemed nice, but upon flipping through it I realized that it assumes that the reader is a man or woman in a relationship that is already having sex & doesn't find joy in it. That doesn't help my best friend, since she's NOT in a relationship with anyone and would feel left out by the book. The book wouldn't be any help for her, and ended up being a waste of my money. Why would I give her a book that isn't going to help her? Still, it did make some nice points but again... the fact that the writers are assuming that they are speaking to married or partnered men/women really alienates a large chunk of people.

EDIT:

Seriously, I ended up showing her the book & she herself echoed my own thoughts. It wasn't helpful to her. All of the exercises & suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment