7.16.2015

Ready, Set, Grow!: A What's Happening to My Body? Book for Younger Girls Big Discount

Title : Ready, Set, Grow!: A What's Happening to My Body? Book for Younger Girls
Category: Maturing
Brand: William Morrow
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.5
Buyer Review : 76

Description : This particular Ready, Set, Grow!: A What's Happening to My Body? Book for Younger Girls works fantastic, simple to use and also adjust. The cost of this wa dramatically reduced as compered to other locations My spouse and i investigates, and never considerably more as compared to equivalent merchendise

This specific obcject provides overtake own prospect, that one has become a amazing replace on me personally, The theory appeared correctly as well as speedily Ready, Set, Grow!: A What's Happening to My Body? Book for Younger Girls


Ready, Set, Grow!

In her uniquely warm and funny style, Lynda wrote this entirely new book especially for younger girls to give them what they need to know to celebrate and accept the new and exciting changes that are happening to their bodies during puberty.

Illustrated with delightful drawings, Ready, Set, Grow! is the sixth book in the popular Madaras "What's Happening to My Body?" series of growing-up books for girls and boys. Praised by parents, teachers, nurses, doctors, and especially kids, the bestselling "What's Happening to My Body?" books for older girls and boys are on the "Best Books for Young Adults" list from the American Library Association, and have been translated into 12 languages. Over 2,000,000 copies of the "What's Happening to My Body?" series are in print.



Features :
  • Great product!

Review :
A great book to get the dialogue going...
I checked out this book from our public library and read it first on my own. The format of the book is several short chapters filled with great information followed by questions submitted by girls, which then the author goes on to answer. The book is written in words that are easy for kids to understand and the illustrations are clever and funny. In the other reviews, I read about concerns with the subject of masturbation. That is found ONLY in a question in the Q & A section of Chapter 7. I personally did not feel comfortable with the topic at our age group so when I BOUGHT our own copy, I just tore page 79-80 out and by doing so I didn't disturb neither the end of Chapter 7 nor the beginning of Chapter 8. Overall, this is a great book to get the conversation started with my daughter (almost 10) that has just started taking the leap from little girl to young lady. I have three daughters and I will use this book with all three. Hope this helps...

What a great help!
I just bought this book for my 8 year old daughter. I was still getting over the shock of my baby starting puberty so early, when I read the reviews of this book. We picked it up last night and read the whole thing. With each chapter, she became more and more interested and even kind of excited. It let her know she was normal, and showed her what will be happening in the future so she won't be so confused. The little cartoons in it were so funny. They helped keep it light. We talked very openly about everything. I am so glad that we got this book. I think it is going to make this whole thing much easier...espcially on me!My baby is growing up! BUY THIS BOOK!

A little too much detail in spots, but overall, good book.
I bought this book for my 9 year old daughter. We read a little bit together, and then I skimmed the book, and she read a bunch on her own. The book is well written for girls in the 9-11 age range - I wouldn't go much below the age of 9, however, without being very selective of what the child reads (there is a brief discussion, for example, about masturbation and orgasm, which I think is a bit *too* much for a book of this level). All in all, I think it explained the changes of puberty in very plain language that a young girl can understand, and it's set up in a way that encourages discussion - although again, sometimes it suggests discussing things with friends, which I find to be a poor recommendation considering the age and topic. I do think my daughter came away with a solid understanding of what puberty is and what physical changes are going to take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment