4.05.2015

Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership] Big Discount

Title : Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership]
Category: Categories

Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.8










Review :
Antiquated pricing/distribution
I love Audible and I hate it. If you are an audio book fan, they have the latest releases with the best narrators around. The quality is premium compared to their only real competitor, the library. However the pricing/distribution structure is antiquated and unacceptably high. I would be an enthusiastic booster for Audible if it ran on the newer model like Netflix or Spotify and allowed users access to ALL of its content for a subscription fee, rather than a monumentally high subscription fee for access to a single audio book. Audio books being the length that they are, no one could over use the service to excess and we'd all feel like we were getting a great deal. The current pricing/distribution structure is too cost prohibitive for anyone new to audio books to bother even trying them out, leaving this as an exclusive service to an exclusive audience with a dwindling population. The lack of a formidable competitor has turned this potentially awesome service into an overpriced...
Beware of credit card charges
1 star because Audible.com charged my credit card 28 days into the 30 day trial and after I had already cancelled the trial. Charging a customer before the end of a trial is an unethical business practice and a gross misuse of credit card information.

Great and easy free trial for an amazing program! (Directions for cancellation included for those interested)
This trial really is a no-strings-attached trial! It was extremely easy to cancel at any time (See the bottom of this review for directions). I originally cancelled it after my trial but after a year I decided to start up my membership again. Both processes went smoothly.

As for Audible, itself. I truly love the wide selection of books it has to offer. The 1-year return (with no questions asked) policy of any book is a great convenience too. It's wonderful how Audible syncs across many devices so I never have to find where I last dropped off at. I'd encourage anyone to give this program a try. You might end up missing it like I did.

Thanks for a great program, Amazon!

Here are the directions for cancellation because it seems to be a commonly asked question:

1. Sign in to your Audible account
2. Click the part that says "Hi, [Your Name]!" on the top center of the page.
3. In the drop-down menu that appears click "Account...

No comments:

Post a Comment