6.05.2015

Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds (Non) Promo Offer

Title : Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds (Non)
Category: Pregnancy & Childbirth
Brand: Harvard Common Press
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.7
Buyer Review : 196

Description : This specific Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds (Non) does fantastic, simple to operate as well as modify. The cost of this wa reduced when compared with other areas My spouse and i researches, and not far more than equivalent merchendise

This type of subject Offer surpass out anticipation, this one has become a great replace on personally, The idea showed up securely and swiftly Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds (Non)


These days, many mothers-to-be find themselves torn between the desire for a natural childbirth with minimal medical intervention and the peace of mind offered by instant access to life-saving technology that only a hospital can provide. In Natural Hospital Birth, doula Cynthia Gabriel asserts that there is no good reason that women in North America should not be able to have both. She shows expectant mothers what they can do to avoid unnecessary medical interventions and how to take initiative and consciously prepare for the kind of birth they want to have. Also included are inspiring stories from other women who know firsthand that natural birth in the hospital is possible. With this book, mothers-to-be will be equipped with the knowledge they need to ensure a satisfying hospital birth that they will look back on with peace and joy.



Review :
hesitant to commit to natural birth? read this book!
Where to begin?? I have one child and am expecting another in a few months. My first labor and delivery was not natural by any means. It was a very typical American hospital birth with plenty of intervention. I didn't find the experience particularly empowering at all. When I found out I was pregnant this time, I started considering the idea of a natural birth. I really didn't think I could do it. My OB said things like "just be flexible, you might change your mind" and "you don't have to be a hero." I doubted my ability to do it without drugs!

Funny that once I picked up this book, I saw Cynthia Gabriel mentioning some of these exact comments I got from my OB as a sign that one's provider was not open or supportive of natural birth. As I read the book, I became more empowered and confident that I could in fact have a natural labor and delivery. And as I was re-reading the book in my 7th month of pregnancy, I decided that I wouldn't have it any other way and set out to...
Best chance to have exactly what the title describes - read this book!
As an L&D nurse, turned doula, turned CNM-to-be, I was skeptical about this book to say the least. I've worked in some of the most medicalized environments you can find in the childbirth world, and I know first-hand all the tricks the hospital staff will use to accomplish their goals while potentially robbing the mother of her own. The terms "natural", "hospital", and "childbirth" don't belong in the same sentence with what I've seen in my experiences over the past 8 years. I'm not sure what I expected this book to be, but I'll say I was so very pleasantly surprised. As I begin my midwifery training, I'll say for full disclosure's sake, I want to work as far away from a hospital (theoretically, not physically) as I can. However, this book is a great tool for women who do still desire to give birth in a hospital but without unnecessary medical interventions. Granted, once you set foot in a hospital, there is a decent risk that things might be done to you that you don't want, but this...
Extremely disappointed
I had high hopes for this book after seeing all of the positive reviews, but as I read this book I went from feeling a little disappointed to being almost angry at the book by the end. I am a birth doula and I bought this book in hopes of picking up some ideas to help my clients who want/have to have hospital births and still want natural births. I didn't get that at all- and I would even go so far as to recommend that the mommas NOT read this book. I'll try to use some quotes from this book to illustrate what I didn't like.

The first thing I took issue with is the overall tone of this book. Basically it says that in order to get a natural birth in a hospital you just have to stand your ground, tell the doctors that you want a natural birth, and keep asking for "one more hour". This may work well if the staff really is pushing for interventions based on scheduling, doctor preference, etc (as does happen unfortunately), but what about situations where there really is a...

No comments:

Post a Comment