6.05.2015

Spiritual Midwifery SALE

Title : Spiritual Midwifery
Category: Pregnancy & Childbirth
Brand: Brand: Healthy Living Publications
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.8
Buyer Review : 174

Description : This kind of Spiritual Midwifery performs fantastic, user friendly and also adjust. The price of this is lower when compared with other areas My partner and i explored, rather than considerably more than equivalent item

This specific obcject gives surpass out anticipation, this has turned into a wonderfull buy for personally, The thought showed up safely and also swiftly Spiritual Midwifery


Here is the 4th edition of the classic book on home birth that introduced a whole generation of women to the concept of natural childbirth. Back again are even more amazing birthing tales, including those from women who were babies in earlier editions and stories about Old Order Amish women attended by the Farm midwives.

Also new is information about the safety of techniques routinely used in hospitals during and after birth, information on postpartum depression and maternal death, and recent statistics on births managed by The Farm Midwives.

From the amazing birthing tales to care of the newborn, Spiritual Midwifery is still one of the best books an expectant mother could own. Includes resources for doulas, childbirth educators, birth centers, and other organizations and alliances dedicated to improving maternity care at home and in hospitals.

Features :

  • Used Book in Good Condition

Review :
birth as inspiring and ecstatic
When I was pregnant with my first baby, what I hungered for were real stories of birth, and especially positive stories, because these are so rare in our medicalised birth culture. My copy of Spiritual Midwifery is a dog-eared third edition, but it's been a great companion to me through the homebirths of my four babies, reassuring and reminding me how simple and ecstatic birth can be.

One reviewer could not believe that all the stories in Spiritual Midwifery could be so positive; I refer her to my article on Ecstatic Birth, which details the scientific evidence for birth ecstasy as our hormonal blueprint for labour, first published by Mothering and expanded for my book "Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: a Doctor's Guide to Natural Birth and Early Parenting Choices". (Read the article on my website [...]) It's the plethora of interventions that make birth unpleasant- and not necessarily safer, as I document

Another reviewer response- Ina May recommends drinking...
Well... WANTED to like it more than I did...
I'm a student midwife and Ina May is revered in the 'birth world' I exist in. This book is- as the many reviews can attest to- almost a Bible of natural child birth and the regeneration of midwifery practice in the US. My understanding is that I am reading the most current version of this book...

The good: Getting to hear and see pictures of many families who went through their births on the Farm was great. I am very interested in birth stories and the internal mechanisms that women/families use to cope with birth. Also, I very much enjoyed finding several stories about loss and unexpected outcomes. It's wonderful to see these kinds of stories and occurances shared for others to use as a map through a similar circumstance. Sometimes, you've never met anyone who's had a loss. Knowing you're not the only one who's felt the way you do is an amazing comfort. Another positive of this book were the stories about the Amnish women who had Farm midwives attend their births. The...
Good news: vibes are real
I think I'm the first _man_ to review this book. In a way that's kind of sad, but hey, I don't mind going first, fellas. Besides, I've reviewed just about everything of Stephen Gaskin's I could find, and it's about time I reviewed Ina May's book.
And here in Ohio we've got a Mennonite midwife named Freida Miller who's doing time in prison. Why? Because she saved the life of a birthing mother by giving her prescription medication without a license. Worse, she's not even in prison for dispensing the meds; she's in prison because she refuses to reveal the name of the doctor who _gave_ her the meds in the first place. This displeases me and causes me to question the legal and pharmaceutical establishments even more than I already did, which is a lot. So consider this review my little blow for the revolution.
Ina May Gaskin wrote the book on midwifery -- four times, in fact, as the fourth edition of the book was published in 2002 and it gets longer every time. The new edition is...

No comments:

Post a Comment